Recording your language preference will be possible in the future
People of many different nationalities work in the merchant navy, and not everyone speaks Dutch. This is why an increasing number of communications from the pension fund are also in English. These include personal letters and information on the website. This way, we can also serve our non-Dutch-speaking current and former members. However, creating these communications costs money, which is why we are always looking for solutions to limit these costs. This means that as much money as possible is left for your pension. In our administration, we cannot yet determine whether or not you speak Dutch. We are working on making this possible in the future. As soon as it is possible in our administration, we will record your language preference. We will also be asking current and former members living abroad for their e-mail address, so we can send all post (including the magazine) digitally. That is cheaper, quicker and better for the environment!
Digital and also personal
There are more and more pension-related matters that you can arrange yourself digitally. For example, applying for a pension is just a few clicks away. Would you like more information or would you like help with your choices during a personal meeting? Then you can arrange a call-back appointment with our Premium Service Desk. We'll then call you at a time that suits you. Numerous members already did that in recent months. Go to www.koopvaardij.nl/belafspraak to schedule a call-back appointment. In the coming period, we'll be working to provide digital support in even more situations, just like we already do for your pension choices. If it’s only a very small amount, for example, there’s the option of 'commutating' (i.e. buying out) your pension. We'll keep you informed about these digital options through our digital newsletters and website.
Would you like to receive your post digitally from now on?
We want to keep you as well informed as possible about your situation, wherever you are, and whether you’re building up income with us for later or are already receiving a pension from us. So please send us your e-mail address. Then you’ll receive information about your pension more conveniently and faster.
- Go to www.koopvaardij.nl/en and log in with your DigiD or eIDAS.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- Set your post preferences to digital.
Do something about your pension now and again
You don't have to deal with your pension every day, of course. We make sure that it’s all been arranged. But it’s sometimes important to devote some thought to it, for example when:
• You're taken on by a merchant navy employer. Please let us have your e-mail address, so you can receive all your mail digitally. Do you live with a partner? Then send us your cohabitation agreement to make sure your partner's pension is properly arranged. You can also request a transfer of accrued benefits: if you worked outside the sector before your new job, you may have accrued a pension with another pension fund. You can transfer it to Bpf Koopvaardij. For more information about a new job, go to www.koopvaardij.nl/en/new-employment/.
• You get a partner. Then you'll obviously want to ensure that your partner is left well taken care of when you pass away. In some cases, you need to register your partner with the pension fund. Go to www.koopvaardij.nl/en/member/situation/ to see the options when you move in together or get married, and what you can do already.
• You and your partner are separating. What will this mean for your pension? What arrangements can you make with your ex-partner about your pension? You can avoid discussion by properly recording these arrangements. To see what you need to think about, go to www.koopvaardij.nl/en/separating.
If you want more information about the choices you can make for your pension, you can always contact us. ←